Tristan’s Quest was the recipient of the 2012 Extreme Nonprofit Makeover.
Their mission was one we all supported.
Tristan’s Quest is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for children and adolescents with emotional, behavioral, social, and academic challenges and their families through public and professional education, family support, and direct services.
The goals of Tristan’s Quest are three-fold:
- Tristan’s Quest will work to raise the awareness of the importance of children’s mental health issues to professionals and the community at-large;
- Tristan’s Quest will provide education and support for the families who are trying to meet the challenges of raising children with special “emotional/behavioral” needs; and
- Tristan’s Quest will establish programs which will serve to enhance the self esteem and provide emotional empowerment to children and adolescents who have or may be at risk for developing emotional disorders.
Tristan’s Quest received:
- Microsoft Multipoint Server, HP Microserver, 2 laptops, 2 workstations, 2-20″ monitors, a switch, wireless access point, and installation
- A new telephone system
- A new WordPress website
- Training to use the new website
- Email on their domain
The estimated value of the Extreme Nonprofit Makeover, including all donated time, expertise and “what we could get donated” was $16,500.00.