The Extreme Nonprofit Makeover Story
The Extreme Nonprofit Makeover began in 2005 as a TechTriad project initiated by Dr. Sue Polinsky to help a 501(c)(3) nonprofit in Greensboro with a new website so they could more easily preserve Afro-American history. In 2005, we built a website for the Afro-American genealogical project and the Extreme Nonprofit Makeover was born.
Each year from 2005 – 2009, TechTriad searched each year for a nonprofit who did fabulous work for our citizens. We built a new, free website for each group.
- In 2010, Chris Oakman joined the Makeover. Chris and his team can audit technology, recommend critical upgrades and install, configure and train users! We received a grant from the Weaver Foundation to pay for the nonprofit’s new computers, servers, tablets, cameras and software.
- In 2011, Adrienne Cregar Jandler joined us and offered a new logo and graphical templates (for flyers, cards). As if that weren’t enough, her team at Atlantic Webworks also provides social media strategy and training!
- In 2013, Nicky Smith offered a free VoIP telephone system (install, configure & train) and his amazing skill: how to lower a nonprofit’s monthly telephone and Internet bills!
- In 2015, we welcomed Jack Hoskins, whose team built an iPhone app – a walking tour of Greensboro.
- Jeff SanGeorge joined the team in 2015 and Rob Ainbinder joins us in 2016.
Nonprofits and their fans are welcome to nominate 501(c)(3) nonprofits who serve the Greensboro, NC, area. It’s a short form and requires NO extra or supporting materials.
TechTriad and all the community-caring companies on the team are proud to offer this community service project for the wonderful nonprofits who make our community stronger.
The 2016 Extreme Nonprofit Makeover Team
In 2011, Adrienne Cregar Jandler, President of Atlantic Webworks, joined the team. Her firm donated a new logo to the Extreme Nonprofit Makeover recipient and a re-branding campaign. They bring social media training to the project.
In 2013, Nicky Smith, President of Carolina Digital Phones, donated a phone system, configuration and setup, and through his expertise, reduced the recipient’s monthly Internet and telephone bills significantly.
Jeff SanGeorge, Principal at Magnetic Ideas, brings SEO skills to the new website by doing keyword research, on-page search optimization and showing you how to write copy for your site.
In 2016, the Makeover Team welcomes Rob Ainbinder, with Why People Click. Rob is an expert in SEO and Online Advertising. He offers application and setup for Google’s AdWord Grant of up to $120,000 and will show you how to maximize the grant.
In 2016, the Makeover welcomes Sam Moore, of SamIAm.com back to the team! Sam has 25 years of information technology experience and 35 years of delivering dedicated customer service locally and internationally in more than 25 countries.