JUNIOR ACHIEVEMENT’S MISSION
At Junior Achievement, we give young people the knowledge and skills they need to own their economic success, plan for their future, and make smart academic and economic choices. Our corporate and community volunteers deliver relevant, hands-on experiences that give students from kindergarten through high school knowledge and skills in financial literacy, work readiness and entrepreneurship. JA programs empower students to make a connection between what they learn in school and how it can be applied in the real world – enhancing the relevance of their classroom learning and helping them stay in school.
Junior Achievement’s Impact
Junior Achievement has grown from impacting approximately 8,200 students per year to almost 16,500. Over the next 3-5 years, JA middle and high school programs will be digital. By creating digital opportunities to access Junior Achievement content, they can reach more students in more relevant ways that better accommodate students’ learning styles.
Helping Students Grow
The Makeover team is happy to work with a nonprofit that helps our City’s students grow their financial competence and career training in such a positive way. We are looking forward to enabling Junior Achievement to teach, train and tutor young people for their futures.
What did Junior Achievement receive?
- A widescreen 65″ TV for the conference room
- Bluetooth keyboard for the TV
- Wireless internet throughout the building
- Laptop computer
- Desktop all-in-one computer
- Intel Compute Stick Single Board Computer
- 2 wide monitors
- Cisco remotely-programmable WAP to boost and spread WiFi
- A new website
- Training to write website content
- Training to edit/update the website
- Several print-ready cards, brochures and letterhead
- Lower monthly bills for internet, phone and other technology
Value of the Makeover: $30,000.00