PRESERVATION GREENSBORO’S MISSION
Preservation Greensboro Incorporated saves our community’s historic and architectural treasures.
How PGI Works for Greensboro
Historic buildings and sites play an important role in defining our community’s identity by telling Greensboro’s unique story. They serve as tangible links to our past, energize our economy, and ensure the continuity and stability of our neighborhoods.
Today, PGI is a dynamic and resourceful organization that contributes a key role in the growth of Greensboro’s economy. With such diverse initiatives as Architectural Salvage of Greensboro, the Blandwood Museum, the Preservation Greensboro Development Fund, informative meetings, seminars, and special events, Preservation Greensboro is a constant voice within the community towards revitilization, improved quality of life, and conservation of historic resources for future generations.
As the only citywide non-profit organization dedicated to historic preservation, we depend on our partners and people like you to help us accomplish this important goal.
What Does PGI Do?
Preservation Greensboro, Inc. is Greensboro’s only city-wide nonprofit membership organization that saves treasured historic and architecturally significant places.
What did Preservation Greensboro receive?
- 4 Lenovo ThinkCentre Desktop Computers
- 4 Lenovo ThinkCentre 23″ LED LCD Monitors
- Extra RAM for each computer
- Ubiquiti UniFi Wireless Access Point
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Note Tablets
- HDMI adapters for the Galaxy Notes (to project)
- Complete cabling for the entire complex, including the Carriage House
- A new website
- A new logo and identity package
- An iPhone app tour of historic places in Greensboro
- A new VoIP phone system (and much lower monthly technology bills)
- Training to write copy for the website to maximize SEO
- Large-scale volunteer and professional cable to bring internet and phones to the Carriage House
Value of the Makeover: $55,000.00.